Thursday, October 31, 2013

All Hallows' Eve

Hal·low·een  [hal-uh-ween, -oh-een, hol-]
noun
the evening of October 31; the eve of All Saints' Day; All hallows Eve: observed especially by children in costumes who solicit treats, often by threatening minor pranks. (dictionary.com)
Holidays don't seem to be that important unless you have close friends and family to share them with. There was no way I would go trick or treating if my brother and sister didn't go with me. And we would always share our candy. In a sort of specialized way where we would each get our own favorite candies we liked and not have to eat the candies we didn't like.

  I never really liked candy corn.


11 pm Halloween

Halloween was postponed til tomorrow. It's probably because there are strong winds and chances of tornadoes at the moment. And for a second, the lights flickered in the room I'm in right now.  Fortunately, neighborhood kids don't have to worry about going to bed early for school the next day. 

Also, yesterday a theme house at my college had a Writer's Block Halloween Party and I got to carve my first pumpkin with one of my best friends. It had a really crooked smile that I'm proud of. If i do get a picture of it I'l make sure to post it. Today, me and my boyfriend got to go to Goodwill and buy plain shirts to decorate. We're going to dress up as M&Ms. We bought paint and painted our shirts. Hopefully, I'll get pictures of us dressed up for the party this Saturday. 

Tomorrow, we're having an Indian festival where there'll be Indian food, music, henna, and fireworks. I'm really excited. I would be stoked with just the henna but everything else will definitely make it more enjoyable. But that's at 9 pm. From 6-8 is a diversity workshop, 8-9 is an improv group show that performs at times throughout the school year and it's run by students. Their shows are super hilarious. And 9-10:30 is the Indian festival. 

Sooo much to dooooo.

Tomorrow is Friday though, so it's all good.

Thumbs up for all hallows' eve.






No comments:

Post a Comment