Sunday, July 6, 2014

Day of Independence

 

Like after any sugar rush,
 the morning after the 4th consisted of my friends and I slowly waking up one by one in a sick-like manner. We prepared our breakfast of blueberry pancakes as we talked about the night before that was full of friendship, family, fireworks, and freedom to celebrate.
We spent the day at a park, walked down Bardstown road, smoking some hookah, window shopping at the most unique stores. On our walk, we stopped at this one second hand store that had the most amazing brands. The store even had my favorite: Free People. And Yana bought the perfect little black dress for the Heaven and Hell theme party at our college. And I found this perfect long white toga looking dress that I could see myself meditating in, giggles.
Then the rest of the night was spent at my aunt’s with ceviche, Peruvian soap operas, bonfire-cooked s'mores, and Meijer brand fireworks. 

Eventually, the excitement died down, card games stopped, and our drive back included the starry night that signaled the end of our day. 

 We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it. ~William Faulkner

This 4th, we practiced that freedom.

Thumbs up to college summers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment