Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Yogi in the Making

The sun is shinning, the birds are singing, the crickets are chirping, the grass is green, and you're feeling healthy. Also, the neighbor is coming out, her kids are playing outdoors, wasps and bees fly around me, and I'm sitting in a meditation position trying to block it all out and enjoy the great outdoors.
My backyard, unfortunately, is not made for privacy. I look at all the Instagram photos online yogis take in the middle of a park and by the metro station, and I'm left wondering how they block it all out. I'm tempted to think they pose for the pictures then leave. I bring out my towel and yoga mat to give my workout some natural lighting yet my need for privacy is too intense.

Of course, the phrase "try, try again" is stuck in my head and I'm debating whether I should go back outside or keep my yoga practice indoors. Obviously, indoors is my preference. I should stop worrying and grow in my yoga practice til I am comfortable in my habits to the point that I continue to challenge and grow. There's no need to hurry.

Has anybody been in the situation where you are too uncomfortable practicing yoga in public? I'm extremely grateful for home yoga videos or I don't know what I'd do.

No comments:

Post a Comment