Thursday, January 22, 2015

Reflections

Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.


I haven't written anything in a while.
While classes might help me become the writer I wanna be, I forget that I also have my own slow, fluid typing that I can do all by myself. Here, on this blog, I can reflect. A month's worth of stories protesting to get out of my head and live among the reality of my keyboard and omnipresent internet.

What status would my writing give itself if it had its own social media account? Jaded. Give me new words and expressions to use to reflect the strong emotions i hold in my heart.

I sleep, I exercise, I shower, I eat, I talk. I wish I could spend more than an hour on everything I am passionate about but I am passionate about more than 24 things. Can I sleep for one hour and physically be alright? Can I devote an hour to everything I want to do. Give me an hour of yoga, an hour of jump rope, an hour of eating slowly and making healthy food choices, an hour for each hw assignment plus an hr of studying per class. That's only eleven hours, plus another two to four hours of class time depending on the day, with the additional two hour orchestra session and ...
I could make a list, I am making a list. What does the world expect of its students when there's only so much time in the day.
Don't forget about money though, school doesn't pay for itself, and if it does then it's usually a shitty education.

What can we do? We can be proactive in everything we do. I write because the thoughts in my head need to get out. I don't procrastinate, yet I forget that I need to prioritize...what? Prioritize and place different aspects of my life in different measurements of care? I want to passionately and equally grab a hold of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment